Elmhurst has placed me in collection for a bill I've never seen. I have spoken to them on several occasions to place my billing on one account and I would paid it, but apparently they did not.

One time when I called about their billing and requested (for the second time) to combine my bills, I was told I had to pay a certain amount and when I told them that I was unable to pay that amount, I was told that they would sue me. I had to remind them that they were breaking the law, read them the statute and they backed down.

Finances are a priority not patients nor wellness.

Product or Service Mentioned: Elmhurst Hospital Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

your collection department leaves much to be desired. I too have had many problems with this department.

I quit calling because I NEVER received an answer and was promised a call back w/the answer and a call back was never received. I started sending e mails and do receive an answer most times but not really helpful. I have been coming to this hospital for many years and have seriously thought about changing to Central DuPage. I really like all my Dr's.

or I would have already changed.

Really a shame. Seems they are more interested in looking pretty than helping with billing problems.

Elmhurst Hospital Reviews